PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
14.73 MB | 44 pages
READING COMPREHENSION: SALEM WITCH TRIALS
This product is great for Social Studies (History) and Language Arts (Reading Comprehension). The product contains: 11 two-page reading passages of informational text on the Salem Witch Trials; 11 pages of Reading Comprehension questions (one for each passage); and the teacher’s keys. Questions are true or false; multiple choice and open ended, and include both literal and inferential questions. The reading passages can be used for CLOSE READING with other non-fiction graphic organizers as well (not included).
THIS PRODUCT CAN BE USED FOR A QUICK SAMPLES FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS! It may be used for Independent Reading, Homework, or as a Supplemental Worksheets.
READING PASSAGE TOPICS INCLUDE:
There are 22 pages of informational text about the Salem Witch Trials. The passages cover the following topics:
• Puritans in England and America
• Laws of the Puritans
• The Salem Witch Trials – How it Began
• Arrests and Examinations
• The Court, Judges, and Associate Magistrates
• Cotton Mather
• People Who Influenced the Trials – The Accusers
• Well-Known Accused and Their Sad Stories
• Nurse Goody, George Burroughs and Elizabeth Proctor
• The End of the Salem Witch Trials
• The Aftermath of the Salem Witch Trials
Grades 5-8 and Homeschool
Note: The informational text also appears in my Colonial American Careers Lesson Plan.