**SAVE 20% WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS BUNDLE (includes both our Basic & Advanced READING READY Text Features in Expository Texts 4th Grade Task Cards sets)!**
Customers who used our 4th grade STAAR WARS Reading Task Cards loved them, and many emailed us asking us for more. So we listened! But instead of creating more STAAR review sets, we thought it would be even better to have task card sets that could be used WHILE you’re teaching, instead of just to review afterward. This way you can measure learning as you go. So, we decided to create task card sets for every TEKS Readiness Standard for reading, math, and writing. We will have 2 sets available for each TEKS Readiness Standard, a basic set and an advanced set, which allows the teacher to assess learning at various learning stages, making them perfect for differentiation.
When you purchase this BUNDLE, you get both our Basic & Advanced READING READY 4th Grade Understanding & Analysis of Informational Texts Task Cards: Text Features in Expository Texts!! Both READING READY task card sets focus on the fourth TEKS Readiness Standard for 4th grade expository texts:
•use multiple text features (e.g., guide words, topic and concluding sentences) to gain an overview of the contents of text and to locate information (4.11D).
The BASIC set helps your students practice & apply their understanding of the text features skills listed below at a simpler, basic level with shorter texts and fewer answer choices, while the ADVANCED set features rigorous, higher-level thinking questions with longer texts and more answer choices, making the pair of sets perfect for differentiation. Both sets assess your students’ comprehension of:
• Using multiple text features (i.e., subheadings, bulleted information, underlined/italicized/bold print, chapters, page numbers, photographs, illustrations, etc.) to locate information and gain understanding of various texts (advertisements, dictionary entries, flyers, glossary entries, index entries, informational texts, tables of contents, timelines)
•Making inferences about text using textual evidence to support understanding
* Though our READING READY Task Cards are made with our Texas teacher friends in mind, they are also aligned with 4th grade CCSS, making them easily usable by any 4th grade teacher teaching text features all over the U.S.*
•CCSS: RI.4.5, RI.4.7
Instructions are included for 4 methods of review: task cards review in centers/groups/pairs/individuals, a SCOOT game, Quiz-Quiz-Trade, and a "Be the Teacher" game, but these cards can be used in a variety of other ways to meet your needs.
We hope you enjoy them, and we’d love to hear your feedback! :)
Follow us on TpT, Facebook, Instagram and/or Pinterest to be alerted when new READING READY sets are added. Any time we add a new product, we offer it for 50% off for the first 24 hours after it is uploaded. Click the “Follow Me” button above to receive email notifications from TpT so that you can save!
These are the other 4th grade READING READY sets we have available in both BASIC and ADVANCED sets:
4th Grade Understanding & Analysis Across Genres:
1. Root Words & Affixes
2. Using Context Clues to Find Meaning of Unfamiliar & Multiple-Meaning Words
3. Using a Dictionary & Glossary
4th Grade Understanding & Analysis of Literary Texts:
1. Sequencing & Summarizing Main Events in Fiction Texts
2. Character Interactions in Fiction Texts
4th Grade Understanding & Analysis of Informational Texts:
1. Author’s Purpose
2. Main Idea & Supporting Details
3. Explicit & Implicit Relationships Among Ideas in Texts
4. Text Features
We hope you like them as much as we do! :)
~Heather & Ashley
Watson Works, LLC
*Full preview of the product available by selecting the preview button above.
© 2018 Watson Works, LLC. Except as permitted under the United States Copyright Act, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, or distributed in any form or by any means (mechanically, electronically, recording, etc.) without the prior written consent of Watson Works, LLC. Purchasing this product in digital form from the Watson Works store on TeachersPayTeachers.com licenses one teacher to use this product in his/her classroom or for personal use. Additional licenses must be purchased for additional teachers to use this product. Made in the USA. All rights reserved.