Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
12.58 MB | 81 pages
BUNDLE: REDOX (Oxidation and Reduction) UNIT
FULL REDOX UNIT AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE!
Begin this complete unit with an Interactive Notebook. The REDOX content has been divided into 4 lessons each with their own interactive shapes! The Interactive Notebook consists of 4 Student Lesson Packets containing the shapes with instructions. Students will begin each lesson by cutting and pasting the shapes into their notebook. Once the shapes are ready, the content can be given with the Teacher PowerPoint Presentation that is included. Each lesson contains a Learning Check at the end. Students can complete these Learning Checks as an Exit Ticket, a Warm Up at the beginning of the next lesson, or even as a quick quiz. A practice worksheet is provided for each lesson to reinforce the content learned. These practice worksheets can be done in class or as homework. Teacher Answer Keys are included for each practice worksheet. Finally, end the unit by having students complete the REDOX Task Cards. These engaging Task Cards can be set up at stations that students can rotate through. This is a great way to get students out of their seats and moving as they review! An Answer Sheet and Teacher Key are provided. Task Cards can also be used as Warm Ups, Exit Tickets, or for individual student use if placed on a ring!
Concepts Covered in this Unit:
- What is REDOX?
- How do we know if a reaction is REDOX?
- Assigning Oxidation Numbers
- Types of Reactions that are usually REDOX
- Identifying the Oxidizing and Reducing Agents
- Writing Half Reactions
- Balancing a reaction the REDOX way
Included in this BUNDLE:
- 4 Student Interactive Notebook packets with picture pages for
- PowerPoint presentation for Teacher Instruction (complete
- Assigning Oxidation Numbers Practice Worksheet
- Identifying the Oxidizing and Reducing Agents Practice
- Writing Half Reactions Practice Worksheet
- Balancing REDOX Reactions Practice Worksheet
- REDOX Task Cards (Color and Black and White versions
- Teacher Answer Keys for every worksheet and Task Cards
- Student Answer sheets for Practice Worksheets and Task
- Detailed Unit Overview with tips
- Detailed Lesson Plans for each lesson
Be sure to follow my store for the latest updates. I love creating fun and engaging resources for the Science classroom. Just click on the green star next to my store name.