The Rapid Automatic Naming (RAN) BUNDLE, from Lil' Reading Scientists TM, is the perfect set of materials for practicing rapid naming skills with students!
Rapid Automatic Naming ability is a strong predictor of second grade reading success, when measured in mid-kindergarten.
This BUNDLE contains three separate Rapid Automatic Naming Kits from my TPT Store. Each Kit contains a specific focus:
Rapid Automatic Naming Kit 1 (colors, shapes, numbers, alphabet)
Rapid Automatic Naming Kit 2 (Categories: fruits, farm animals, common items, nature, sea animals, sweets, vegetables, zoo animals, weather clothing)
Rapid Automatic Naming Kit 3 (Alphabet letters, Pig and Duck, Numbers)
To use this material:
1) Print out the Rapid Automatic Naming Pages.
2) Laminate or put in page protectors.
3) Put page into a notebook, for easy storage.
4) Choose one page to use.
5) Review the items on the page, by naming each one, left to right, top to bottom.
6) Demonstrate how to point to and name each item, as quickly as possible.
7) Allow the student(s) to then point to and name each item, as quickly as possible.
8) Time the student(s) while naming the items.
9) Re-time them the next day to see if their naming time improves.
10) Optional: Use rhythm sticks to set and keep a rhythm while students are naming the items.
This BUNDLE requires very little prep, and provides valuable practice in rapid naming skills.
Kit #1 contains whole page sheets and individual cards for use in a pocket chart, in order to create mixed RAN exercises (colors, shapes, and numbers).
The Lil' Reading Scientists Literacy Solutions TM curriculum is based on The Orton Gillingham Approach!