Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
My most popular product! This Set Design unit, part of my Drama Lessons and Units product line, is suitable for gifted upper elementary through ninth grade students. At the request of a reviewer,
This eight day unit on set design (with school as the setting) was created for upper elementary gifted and middle grade students through ninth grade. Students learn about the history of set design, famous set designers, develop a critical eye about what makes up an award winning set design, create a ground plan for a story of their choosing and draw a rendering. In addition, the students must work with ratios and measuring. The first two assignments are completed individually, but then the fun begins! The students are paired up to create a model working together towards the goal. There is even room for parents to celebrate the end of the unit with your students.
Included in the unit:
• An overview of the unit for the teacher
• Rationale for teaching set design
• History of set design
• Set designer's responsibilities
• Teacher's Questions
• Warm up for day one
• Procedures for each day (8)
• Lecture notes including links
• Information about the message color conveys
• Ground plan example
• Rendering examples
• Stage curtain sheet for rendering
• Step by step directions for model building including photo examples
• Cheat sheet for various set pieces
• Assignment sheet for each step of the design process
• Exit slip prompts for 4 days
• Grade sheet EDITABLE
• Source Page
Set Design Templates Product
These Set Design templates are time savers for the busy teacher. They were created to answer the requests for additional templates to accompany the Dramamommaspeaks Set Design unit. These products are part of an Elements of Drama product category and suitable for gifted elementary and middle grade drama class.
Note: These templates are sketched on l/2 grid paper. The students can use them as examples, but they will not be the correct measurements if they merely trace them.
There are eight templates:
For more Dramamommaspeaks Products, go to:
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
You may need these products: