Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Save! Here's a bundle (157 PAGES) with three week's worth of learning about theater set design, creating floor plans and models as well as using MATH on the stage! This was created for drama class in middle school, however gifted and talented students and some high school classes will benefit from$40.00$45.50Save $5.50
My most popular product! At the request of a reviewer, (so your review of products do matter!)
A teacher could assign this to students distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
This eight day unit on set design (with school as the setting) was created for upper elementary gifted and middle grade students through ninth grade. Students learn about the history of set design, famous set designers, develop a critical eye about what makes up an award winning set design, create a ground plan for a story of their choosing and draw a rendering. In addition, the students must work with ratios and measuring. The first two assignments are completed individually, but then the fun begins! The students are paired up to create a model working together towards the goal. There is even room for parents to celebrate the end of the unit with your students.
In addition, a teacher could assign this unit to students distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
Included in the unit:
• An overview of the unit for the teacher
• Rationale for teaching set design
• History of set design
• Set designer's responsibilities
• Teacher's Questions
• Warm up for day one
• Procedures for each day (8)
• Lecture notes including links
• Information about the message color conveys
• Ground plan example
• Rendering examples
• Stage curtain sheet for rendering
• Step by step directions for model building including photo examples
• Cheat sheet for various set pieces
• Assignment sheet for each step of the design process
• Exit slip prompts for 4 days
• Grade sheet EDITABLE
• Source Page
Set Design Templates Product
These Set Design templates are time savers for the busy teacher. They were created to answer the requests for additional templates to accompany the Dramamommaspeaks Set Design unit. These products are part of an Elements of Drama product category and suitable for gifted elementary and middle grade drama class.
Note: These templates are sketched on l/2 grid paper. The students can use them as examples, but they will not be the correct measurements if they merely trace them.
There are eight templates:
Do you follow me? If not, please do! FOLLOW ME
“A resource that includes everything you need! Two-days of diving into the world of Tony Awards, students will love it. Brimming with fascinating trivia!”
“WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!”
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
For more Dramamommaspeaks Products, go to:
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.