Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- ON SALE 15% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 40 products (NEARLY 1,225 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over th$230.00$269.00Save $39.00
- Save 20% With Halloween approaching, this is a great bundle to teach. This week-long product teaches about movement, tableau, storytelling and costume design for super hero characters. It gives students an opportunity to be costume designers as well. Plus, I've included super hero mask templates$15.40$18.00Save $2.60
These elements of drama lessons study costume design, storytelling, tableau and movement use super heroes as their focus! These are great in an elementary gifted class or middle school drama class.
In addition, a teacher could adapt and assign these lessons to students distance learning #DistanceLearningTPT
- The History of Costume Design
- The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
- The Rationale for Teaching About Super Heroes
- Costume Notes for Students
- Procedure, including Teacher Questions
- Materials List
- Source & Video link list including Super Hero movie clips
- A Warm-up—engaging and creative
- Qualities of a Super Hero--flyer
- Two Assignments--one drawing and one creative writing
- Student Writing Examples
Tableau and Movement:
- The reasons to teach tableau and movement
- The history of tableau
- The reasons to teach about super heroes
- Teacher's questions and script to help you be successful!
- Two flyers about the qualities of a super hero
- Sources and links
- Extensive warm up exercise
- Evaluation and alternative activities
Super Hero Postcard Stories:
- Rationale for teaching with super heroes
- The history of super heroes
- Qualities of a super hero flyer (same qualities we want for our students)
- Teacher’s questions
- Tips for Success
- Student group example
Comprehensive? You bet.
Field tested and created by an award winning veteran drama teacher, this lesson and exercise is guaranteed fun and total student engagement.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! FOLLOW ME
Check out my other products at: Dramamommaspeaks
Reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
Lin Manuel Miranda Biography (Format Two)
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
Sedna, an Inuit Tale
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
Costume Designs with Fairy Tales
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."