Reading journals/notebooks can be such an incredible tool in the learning experience, can't they?! This theme, main idea, and recounting mini journal insert bundle includes just what you need while engaging your students in a short read aloud, mentor text, author study, or so on! This mini bundle includes:
- Close reading to find the theme check lists
- Crafting your own theme statement journal insert (two sizes available)
- Identifying & crafting your own theme statement sample text titled "The Audition"
- Three short fables with a theme statement GO attached for journal use or work page use: The Lumberjack's Fortune, Two Frogs in a Pail, and Androcles & the Lion
- Close reading to find the main idea checklists
- Crafting your own main idea statement journal insert (two sizes available)
- Identifying & crafting your own main idea statements sample journal insert texts titled "Sacagawea" and "Oranges"
- Fiction recounting journal insert GO (two layouts available)
- Fiction "check"/assessment page to go with any text, picture book, or read aloud
- Nonfiction recounting journal insert GO (two layouts available)
- Nonfiction "check"/assessment page to with any text, picture book, or read aloud
NOTE TO BUYER: PLEASE VISIT MY PINTEREST PAGE FOR THEME ANCHOR CHART IDEAS/READ ALOUD IDEAS WITH MY FAVORITE PICTURE BOOKS!