This bundle is designed primarily for 2nd graders (although these activities would also be suitable for high 1st graders and low 3rd grader) and includes the following activities:
- 8 reading comprehension passages with comprehension questions
- 17 writing prompts designed to help students develop neat handwriting, writing mechanics, editing and revising skills, and more. All prompts include examples for students to use as models!
- 14 out of 17 prompts include a response for students to edit and revise (punctuation, capitalization, spelling, etc.) The focus is on opinion and narrative writing.
- 3 prompts include a picture for students to write a story about. The focus is on narrative writing.
- 10 reading response cards (5 fiction, 5 non-fiction) for students to when students read their own stories and need to respond to them in writing
- These are perfect to print out, laminate, and place on a clipboard in your reading center. Students pick and chose the response they want for each book they read!
- Multi-step partner writing activity - students interview their partner (questions provided), complete a Venn diagram, and write about how they are similar to and different from their partner.
- Step-By-Step Story Builder designed to help students plan out their stories before they begin writing.
- BONUS: 3 bonus reading comprehension passages (editable). These comprehension passages have an informational component and incorporate science/social studies :)
NOTE: If you have trouble viewing the editable comprehension passages, please contact TPT - this is an error on their end and they will fix it for you :)