This vocabulary model gives a definition, characteristics, example and non-example for each word. This set of 70 different words contains vocabulary from the following Common Core Domains:
• Number Systems (14 words) : Power, Base, Exponent, Squared, Cubed, Evaluate, Standard Form, Exponential Form, Integer, Absolute Value, Perfect Square, Rational Number*, Additive Inverse*, Multiplicative Inverse* (*Repeated in Expressions and Equations for a total of 73 words)
• Expressions and Equations (11 words): Commutative Property, Associative Property, Distributive Property, Identity Property, Additive Inverse, Multiplicative Inverse, Rational Number, Algebraic Expression, Term, Coefficient, Constant
• Ratio and Proportions (7 words) : Ratio, Rate, Unit Rate, Proportion, Constant of Proportionality, Percent Error, Simple Interest
• Graphing (4 words): Slope, Function, Output/Range, Input/Domain
• Geometry - Angles (4 words): Complementary Angles, Supplementary Angles, Vertical Angles, Adjacent Angles
• Geometry - Circles & Prisms (8 words): Diameter, Radius, Circumference, Prism, Rectangular Prism, Triangular Prism, Cube, Plane Section
• Geometry - Similarity (6 words): Dilation, Scale, Scale Factor, Polygon, Congruent, Similar
• Probability (7 words): Probability, Simple Event, Complementary Event, Tree Diagram, Compound Event, Independent Event, Dependent Event
• Statistics (12 words): Frequency Table, Histogram, Dot Plot, Stem-and-Leaf Plot, Mean, Median, Mode, Range, Lower Quartile, Upper Quartile, Inter-quartile range IQR, Box-and-Whisker Plot
This zip file contains 9 separate PowerPoints (.pptx), a PDF of each slide, and a list of vocabulary in this bundle. Each PowerPoint is editable and contains a separate Vocabulary List that will allow you to go directly to the word you choose in that PowerPoint. At the end of each vocabulary slide you may go back to the list.
I began using this in my class several years ago and have found it invaluable. There are so many misconceptions that can be cleared up just by using this model.
My students have folders that are kept in class for when we have new vocabulary. They often refer to their Frayer Model Folders when they have a question or during a review. Free templates are on the internet for you to choose from.
Each set can be purchased separately by Domain. Enjoy the free item titled "Frayer Model Vocabulary Examples".
I have also created Word Walls to go with this product:
7th Grade Common Core Word Wall with Example - Year BUNDLE
7th Grade Common Core Word Wall with Example & Spanish Translation - Year BUNDLE