Products in this Bundle (11)
showing 1-5 of 11 products
Get ready to investigate this brief, detective! Learning to read AND to understand what you are reading is a difficult and challenging for emergent readers, especially for students with special needs. The Comprehension Brief asks students to read simple sentences with some new vocabulary introduced with pictures at the beginning of the short story. Story topics are age-appropriate and fun to read.
The Lexile Level is 210L - 410L, which is an estimate of the reading level. Average second graders start second grade reading above 410L. This is great for average readers in first grade and struggling readers in second grade. Additionally, I think the Comprehension Brief series works well for any student who has the high frequency words down, but is working on decoding higher level words.
Purchase the whole series in the BUNDLE to work on reading comprehension, vocabulary building, and answering Yes/No Questions!
- Comprehension Brief – Free Sample – Investigate Coffee
- Comprehension Brief 1 – Investigate Picnics
- Comprehension Brief 2 – Investigate Blueberries
- Comprehension Brief 3 – Investigate Allowance
- Comprehension Brief 4 – Investigate Ice Cream
- Comprehension Brief 5 – Investigate Bingo
- Comprehension Brief 6 – Investigate A Diner
- Comprehension Brief 7 – Investigate Bubble Gum
- Comprehension Brief 8 – Investigate Burgers
- Comprehension Brief 9 – Investigate Cupcakes
- Comprehension Brief 10 – Investigate Dino Dig
EACH BRIEF CONTAINS:
--2 pages of vocabulary review with pictures for words in the story that are not high frequency, sight words.
--40-50 words per story across 6 pages with picture support. The words are high frequency words with vocabulary related to the "investigation."
--5 Yes/No questions related to the story and vocabulary. Ask them immediately after the story. There are 5 pages with picture support
--The last page contains extension questions without picture to extend the conversation and deepen the discussion and "investigation!!"
Grab yourself freebies right in your email inbox by clicking here and subscribing to my newsletter: Speech is Beautiful Newsletter
I'm also on:
Thanks so much!