PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
BUTTERFLY ACTIVITIES and OBSERVATIONS: Life Cycles, Fact Cards, Quotes, Charts, Writing Prompts, Rubric, Checklist,
Vocabulary, Puzzles, Activities . . .
PHOTOGRAPHS of REAL BUTTERFLIES, not cartoons.
Butterflies for Everyone.
All my hands-on butterfly experience is in one place.
Knowledge of Butterflies in gardens and raising over 1,000
butterflies in cages over six years is in this item.
"Always something EXTRA" to help TEACH / REVIEW / PRACTICE skills in FUN ways.
Please read detailed Contents below.
“Butterflies are for Everyone”
Butterflies' Life Cycles,
Butterfly Fact Cards,
Butterfly Prompts, Tips, Checklist, Rubric
Butterfly Puzzles, and more...
at Teaching Stuff Place
Please see the “Butterflies” PREVIEW to get an idea of the DEPTH and QUALITY of PHOTOGRAPHS and first-hand information presented in “Butterflies.”
Butterfly Photographs and Facts from “A Butterfly Lady”
1. Welcome to Butterflies are for Everyone
2. 2 a-e Monarch Butterfly Metamorphosis – 5 Page Bulletin Board Display
3. Butterflies to a Home Garden, Photographs
. . . a. Host Plants for Butterflies for a Home Garden, Photographs
. . . b. Nectar Plants for Butterflies for a Home Garden, Photographs
4. Four Common Butterflies - Photographs of Butterfly Metamorphosis
. . . a. Monarch
. . . b. Anise Swallowtail
. . . c. Gulf Fritillary
. . . d. Giant Swallowtail
5. 5a -5b Difference between a Butterfly and a Moth? Photographs - Chart
6. 6a – 6b Difference between a Caterpillar and a Worm? Photographs - Chart
7. Difference between a Male and Female Monarch? Photographs - Chart
8. 9. 10. Raising Monarchs in a Cage: Egg to Butterfly with Photographs
11. 11a – 11b Plant a Butterfly Garden Anywhere - Reference
12. 12 a-d Butterfly Vocabulary List- Reference
13. Tagging Monarch Butterflies, photographs
14. How to Deadhead Spent Flowers in Your Garden- Reference
15. Life Cycle of the Monarch Butterfly - Simplified with References
. . . Research and Draw: Monarch Butterfly Life Cycle and Monarch Butterfly Anatomy
BUTTERFLY ACTIVITIES FOR STUDENTS
Butterfly Oral Presentations and Writing Prompts
16. - 24. Butterfly Quotes on Cards - 26 Butterfly Quotes for Students to Read Aloud
25. - 49. Did You Know Cards with Facts about Caterpillars and Butterflies
. . . 65 Fact Cards for Students to Read Aloud
50. Writing Prompts - Photograph with Six Butterfly Prompts and a Word Bank of 21 Words
Rubrics and Checklists
51. Student’s Checklist for Writing (students to review their writing before submitting)
52. Teacher’s Grading Rubric for Writing (students and teachers know what is expected)
53. Terrific Tips for Delivering a Talk (prepare students for any oral presentation)
54. Teacher’s Grading Rubric for Oral Delivery (students and teachers know what is expected)
Butterfly Activities, Puzzles, and Games
55. Compare & Contrast Butterfly and Moth, Venn Diagram (after discussion of chart)
56. Compare & Contrast Caterpillar and Worm, Venn Diagram (after discussion of chart)
57. Butterfly Glyph
58. Symmetry in a Monarch Butterfly – Student is to finish one-half of a Monarch
59. Ideas for Using this List of 40 Butterfly Vocabulary Words
60. – 60a Butterfly Crossword Puzzle and Solution (12 words)
61. – 61a Butterfly Word Hunt and Solution (15 words)
62. – 62a Butterfly Word Scramble and Solution (20 words)
63. My Butterfly Word Hunt (12 words) – for Students to Design
64. My Word Search (15 words) – for Students to Design
65. Tips for Completing and Designing a Word Search
66. 66a Words I Want in My Butterfly Vocabulary – Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives – Activity
. . . 66b Vocabulary Cards to Build My Vocabulary – Eight Cards with Practice Suggestions
67. Design a Word Scramble with Butterfly Vocabulary
68. – 69. Design a Memory Game, includes Directions and Task Card Template
70. Butterfly Riddle from Addition and Subtraction Bug Riddles
71. Black and White “Butterflies” Cover for Student’s Work
**** BONUS: Samples of New and Popular Products ****
Butterflies © by Jean VanDerford for Teaching Stuff Place
. . . Photographs by John VanDerford
ADDITIONAL CREATIVE RESOURCES FOR YOUR STUDENTS:
Our goal is to make learning fun for kids. ♥ ♥ ♥
As always, we welcome your feedback and comments.
Please take time to review Butterflies
and add your name to our followers.
NEWEST PRODUCTS with SKILLS IN FUN FORMATS
at Teaching Stuff Place
Teaching Stuff Place
Butterfly Charts, Butterfly Lists, Butterflies' Life Cycles, Butterfly Fact Cards, Butterfly Quotes, Prompts, Tips, Checklist, Rubric, Butterfly Vocabulary, Activities, Butterfly Puzzles,