Two Baby Animals Vocabulary Matching Puzzles
are included in this product. Most common baby animals
are represented in the puzzles. One Picture matching and one Definition matching with the former being more visual and latter more challenging This is a fun activity to be used with any type of student: lower to higher intermediate ESL students, speech therapy, special education, younger ELA students, new ESL comers or early finishers. This product can be used not only when introducing baby animals
but also when talking about the animal world in general.
► VOCABULARY WORDS INCLUDED ◄
1. baby (ape) | 2. bunny (rabbit) | 3. calf (cattle) | 4. caterpillar (butterfly) | 5. chick (chicken) | 6. cub (bear) | 7. cygnet/swanling (swan) | 8. duckling (duck) | 9. eaglet (eagle) | 10. fawn (deer) | 11. fingerling (fish) | 12. foal (cold/filly) (horse) | 13. gosling (goose) | 14. hatchling (turtle) | 15. infant (gorilla) | 16. joey (kangaroo) | 17. kid (doe/nanny/buck/billy) (goat) | 18. kit (fox) | 19. kitten/kitty (cat) | 20. lamb (sheep) | 21. larva (insect) | 22. leveret (hare) | 23. owlet (owl) | 24. piglet (pig) | 25. poult (turkey) | 26. pup (bat) | 27. puppy (dog) | 28. spiderling (spider) | 29. squab/squeaker (pigeon) | 30. tadpole/pollywog/froglet (frog)
► TEACHING TIPS ◄
The first puzzle is vocabulary based. Students are provided with a word bank of Baby Animals
and they simply need to identify the words provided in the word search. In this way, they can strengthen their memory of the words and improve their spelling. The second puzzle is more challenging and it is suggested to be given to students after a week or more of doing the first. In this puzzle, students are only provided with pictures of the different Baby Animals
, therefore, they need to remember the vocabulary words first and then identify them in the word search puzzle. To make it even more challenging, students have to find one extra mystery word without the presence of a picture. This second puzzle is particularly effective for vocabulary revision, spelling practice and even as a test.
You can link these Matching Puzzles to my Photo Flash Cards and other Vocabulary Words Puzzles. Check them out:
1. Animal Babies Photo Flash Cards
2. Animal Babies Bingo Cards
3. Animal Babies Crossword Puzzle
4. Animal Babies Word Search Puzzles
$$$ SAVE BIG! $$$
You can purchase all 5 resources about Animal Body Parts in this convenient BUNDLE!
CLICK HERE: a href="https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Animal-Babies-Vocabulary-Words-BUNDLE-Word-puzzles-and-Photo-Flash-Cards-3106913">Animal Babies Vocabulary Words BUNDLE Word puzzles and Photo Flash Cards Printable
► YOU MAY ALSO LIKE ◄
You can find more Vocabulary Matching Puzzles on animals and other topics by clicking the link below.
Vocabulary Matching Puzzles
☞☞☞ Please leave a FEEDBACK not only to earn ✿✿✿ TPT CREDITS ✿✿✿ for further purchases but also to help me improve my products!
© 2017 Nana's ESL Classroom
This product is intended for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.