Great Activities to assess level of students while having fun!
1. “All About Me” (Page 3)
2. “ I Can Write Nouns and Adjectives” (Page 4)
Student choose school words from a list and identify
nouns and adjectives by placing on the noun
notebook or adjective notebook.
3. “I Am A Writer” (Page 5) 3 writing prompts to assess
student writing as well as find out a little bit about
4. “I’m a Student Author” (Page 6) Students will be able
to fill in the blanks in the paragraph to tell about their
first day of school.
5. “How Much Is My Name Worth?” (Page 7) Students
will be able to figure the value of their name with a
6. “My School Schedule” (Page 8) Students will be able
to write times of ELA, Math, Recess and other daily
activities as well as draw the time on a blank clock.
7. “ I Can Skip Count” (Page 9) Students will be able to
skip count by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s relating to seconds,
minutes, and hours.
8. “My Classroom Rules” (Page 10) Students will be
able to write classroom rules or what each rule
9. “Back to School Word Search” (page 11)
10. “I’m a Data Collector” and “I Can Answer Questions from a Survey”
(Page 12 and 13) Take a class survey about birthdays, display in a chart, create a bar graph and answer questions about your findings. This is a GREAT whole class activity.
11. “Mystery Math Message” (Page 14 and 15) Math Fluency with
adding and subtracting within 20 each with a message:
Welcome Back To School! And Third Grad Rocks YEAH!
12. “ I Can Find What We Have In Common and What Our Differences
Are” (Page 16) Venn Diagram for students to pair up and learn
about people in there class.
13. “Math About Me” (Page 17) Using everyday information about the student and relating it to math.