Also included in
- Get to know your students and assess their writing skills during the busy Back To School season! This bundle includes three unique and engaging activities that will give you insight into your new students' personalities and give you an idea as to their skill level at the same time. Also includes a$8.99$11.25Save $2.26
The beginning of the school year is such a busy time! Why not get your students writing about the music that best represents them and their unique lives by creating a list of their favorite and most meaningful songs? This engaging activity can either be used as "Soundtrack of My Life" or "Soundtrack of My Summer" - the full download includes options for both.
Easily adaptable to different ages and abilities! This is a fun activity for the beginning of the year and will allow you to get to know your students, connect with them through music, and get a good sense of their writing skills at the start of the year.
Includes 15 pages:
- detailed assignment sheet for both "Soundtrack of My Life" and "Soundtrack of My Summer"
- Brainstorming template for both
- CD Case / Song list template for both
- Cell phone template for both (to write out playlists)
- Brainstorming / Writing Worksheet for both
- Writing Paper for extension activities
- Grading Rubric
PLEASE NOTE - THIS RESOURCE IS SOLD AS A NON-EDITABLE PDF.
This activity is part of a Back To School Package - 12 Literacy Activities for Tweens and Teens- click the link below to see the entire pack!
Looking for a DIGITAL Google / MS OneDrive version of this assignment? Check out the link below!
Click the links below to check out some of my other Back To School activities!
Addie Williams, Back to School, Addie Education