Happy Back to School $2 off for a limited time.
Whether assessing to see where your kiddos are at for the beginning of the school year, or learning and practicing the upper & lowercase letters of the alphabet, you’ll find this a fun-filled packet, which includes the following:
* Black and white mini alphabet flip booklets for each letter. Students trace, write, color, cut and glue together.
* There’s also a full-color set, so you can make a sample to share, read and review then place in your classroom library.
* To get more “bang for your buck” print, laminate and trim just the picture strips and use them as an independent puzzle center. Make extra sets to play Memory Match too.
* There are 46-mini word tiles that match the booklet. For more practice, have students choose X number of words and then use them to make sentences on the “Dog gone good” worksheet.
* I’ve also included 2 recording sheets, so that students can write the words they chose in alphabetical order.
* A “Cover Me Quilt” game, with 3 ways to play. Comes in color to make a center activity, as well as black & white, so that students can make their own game for practice at home.
* A “Tall-Small-Fall” letter poster poem, with a matching worksheet.
After you have helped students realize and see the differences of the letters, have them choose 2 letters that are grouped differently, then make a Venn diagram using the included template.
* 2 ABC “Color Me” posters: Children color the letters and then write them, or they trace the letters and color the pictures. I’ve also included a full-color poster to use as an anchor chart, as well as two matching word templates to use as a worksheet or to play games with, plus a blank pattern so children can design their own.
* 14 worksheets to help practice upper and lowercase letters.
* An upper and lowercase “I Spy!” worksheet for a quick, easy & fun way to whole-group assess.
* An upper and lowercase “Dd is for dog” slider craftivity. This can also be used as another fun way to practice and whole group assess.
* A simple assessment worksheet that covers uppercase letters, lowercase letters, as well as letter sounds, plus a variety of other assessment and recording worksheets to choose from.
* Separate upper & lowercase assessment mats. You ask for a letter and the student points to it, or you have them point to each letter and identify it. Use either of the 2 assessment recording sheets to document their answers.
* Separate black & white, as well as full color certificates of praise, for knowing uppercase letters, and another for knowing the lowercase ones. (2-on-a-page for easy printing.)
* 2 alphabet bookmarks (one in color, one in black and white for students to color). Use as a reference or mini assessment tool.
* A student-made dictionary, where children record new words that they come across. Fun way to increase vocabulary, practice spelling, alphabetical order, & word sounds.
* 4 sizes of upper & lowercase letter tiles. Use them for games, sequencing, making words, and assessing. I’ve included a 4-page tip list of ideas of how to use them.
* As always, directions, samples and photographs.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me. I truly hope you and your kiddos enjoy these alphabet activities, and that they help make learning letters less tedious and more fun.