Want to motivate your students and make it relevant. Here you have two simple ways to integrate current events into your practice. Also great for Sub Plans.
One that is simple and student driven and the other that helps your student use critical thinking while they read and uses research-based practices of Before, During, After, and additional prompt writing.
Strategies for use:
*independent piece in the classroom
* Quick and easy sub plans.
One of the largest challenges for science teachers is what to leave for a substitute because the content and/or labs can be to hard to explain and leave. I trained my students in the first week of school how to complete a current event and then students knew that any time there was a substitute they would likely complete a current event. This made it easy for subs and students because the students could lead their own learning.
In this document is:
1. Direction on how to use and tips
2. Simple Current Event - no preparation needed
3. Focused Current Event - some prepartion needed
a. Before reading questions
b. During reading questions
c. After reading questions
d. A writing prompt where student plan using the text and then write.
4. Focused Current Event Blank Template
5. Example Focused Current Event with link and questions to see how to create your own
6. Easy resources to pull your own articles
Visit my store for more fun activities, labs, and choice menus for your classroom!!