Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
This Back To School Bundle includes helpful resources to get you ready for the new school year. This bundle includes All About Me Back To School Packet, Families Lesson Plan, Centers Posters, Inspirational Classroom Posters, Llama posters and Bookmarks, Sloth Mindfulness Posters and Bookmarks, and Preschool Daily Schedule. All Files are PDF and one editable Word document.
The All About Me Back to School Packet has many fun back to school activities. These activities will be a great way for children to ease into the school year while you get to know a bit about them and they about the other children. Let children engage in these many All About Me, Getting To Know You, and Back to School activities!
- This packet comes with two choices of writing activities, stick puppet templates, paper bag puppet templates, All about Me Poster, photo template for a family photo collage, and a Getting to Know You gross motor game.
- The writing activities come with diverse children clip art so that the various children in your classroom can be represented. One writing option comes with lined paper for children to write sentences; or you may help children write their sentences. The other option is for Pre-K and K children and children struggling with writing; this option provides a box for children to draw a picture. Allow children to pick which paper they want. Allow children to finish the sentence "I am very good at", or help children write, or allow children to draw a picture of what they are good at doing. I have also provided a black and white version with a girl and a black and white version with a boy for both types of writing/drawing activities if you prefer using black and white.
- The stick puppet templates come in a boy and a girl version. Cut the papers in half. Allow children to pick out which template they want. Allow children to draw faces and color the puppets. Next, allow children to cut out the puppets and paste onto a Popsicle stick. Finally, let the children play with the puppets in dramatic play.
- For the "Me" paper bag puppet, there is a blank face, and there is a shirt. Allow children to draw a face on the face template. Allow children to color the shirt. Next, allow children to cut out the face and shirt. Allow children to glue the face onto the bottom, square part of the paper bag. Allow children to glue the shirt onto the other part of the paper bag. Allow children to add yarn or string for hair, googly eyes if they wish, buttons if they wish, glitter, or any other art material they want to use to create their paper bag "Me" puppet. When the puppets are finished and dry, allow children to play with the puppets in dramatic play.
- For the All About Me Poster, ask children the questions on the poster. Children who are writing may write their own answers. For children who are not writing, write down their answers. Allow children to color the posters. Allow children to draw a picture of themselves. You may laminate and display the posters in your room before sending them home if you wish.
- For the family photo collage, ask parents to send a few family photos with their children. The photos should include the children and their family members. Tell the parents to send photos they don't mind being cut, or ask the parents to pre-cut the photos and send in a Ziploc bag. If the photos aren't already cut, allow children to cut the people out of the photos, or you may help the children cut. Then allow the children to paste the people they cut from the photos onto the photo template. Carefully, laminate these papers if you wish. Tape the photo collages to the students cubbies ; they can look at pictures of themselves and family members to soothe them if they begin to miss their families.
- For the Getting to Know You gross motor game, have a beach ball or some plastic ball ready. Have the students stand in a circle. Throw the ball to a student. When the student catches the ball, have the student tell something about himself or herself. Have the student who caught the ball toss the ball to another student. Ask each student a question as the ball is caught. Suggested questions are below. Use these and/or use your own questions!
- This packet has seventeen pages worth of activities.
The Families lesson plan includes some good, hands-on activities for learning all about families. Family art, math, literacy craftivity, manipulatives, and sensory table activities are included. Rainbow gingerbread family print-outs and diverse families print-outs are included. Two literacy craftivity print-outs are also included. Children will learn more about the world through these engaging family activities.
Center Posters are posters to display at your Pre-K or Kindergarten centers. The posters include art center, science center, math center, literacy center, dramatic play center, block center, manipulatives center, and sensory table, and music and movement. Each poster has one girl and one boy of diverse ethnicity to represent students in your classroom well.
- Laminate the pages. Cut out the posters. Display the posters on your classroom walls by the correct center. Children can look at the pictures in the poster to figure which center it is.
- This resource contains nine center posters in two background options for a total of eighteen poster options!
Inspirational Classroom Posters are full of kids holding inspirational quote signs. I hope the displayed inspirational quotes will be uplifting to both you and your students!
- Laminate pages. Cut out posters. Display posters in your classroom. Brighten up your room with these classroom posters!
- Nine posters are included in this resource in four different background options for a total of thirty-six poster options!
For Llama posters and bookmarks, the posters will brighten up your room, and children will love the cute bookmarks! The bookmarks come in colored and black and white. Children can color the black and white version for some creativity!
- Laminate pages. Cut out posters and bookmarks. Display posters in your classroom. For the black and white bookmarks, allow children to color the bookmarks before laminating and cutting them. Give the bookmarks to the children to use when reading.
- This resource comes with six llama posters and six llama bookmarks. The posters come in four different background options for a total of twenty-four poster options!
For Sloth Mindfulness Posters and Bookmarks, the posters will also help brighten up your room, and the posters and bookmarks will help children be calm and mindful. The bookmarks come in colored or black and white. Children can color the black and white version for some creativity!
- Laminate pages. Cut out posters and bookmarks. Display posters in your classroom. I would suggest these mindfulness posters be displayed in a quiet corner/ quiet area. For the black and white bookmarks, allow children to color the bookmarks before laminating and cutting them. Give the bookmarks to the children to use when reading.
- This resource comes with five posters and six bookmarks. The posters come in four different background options for a total of twenty poster options!
For Preschool Daily Schedule, laminate the pages, and cut the out the cards. These cards can be used in a daily schedule pocket chart, or they can be used on poster board with Velcro or on a bulletin board focus wall. Display the pocket chart cards next to your written daily preschool schedule; display your schedule in whichever way is most convenient for you. Also, display the cards in whatever order you want your daily schedule to be.
- I have provided header cards as well as rectangle cards. The header cards come in two different size options; one option is slightly bigger than the other option. Both options of header cards should fit in most pocket charts. The rectangle option should also fit well in most pocket charts.
- I have also provided an editable written schedule. Type out your detailed schedule; display your written schedule next to the schedule cards. After you have your schedule displayed in a way that works for you, you will be ready to teach your students how to follow the daily schedule. Early learners do well when they have a schedule and when they know what is expected of them. The pictures on the schedule cards will help your early learners understand the schedule.
- Preschool Daily Schedule resource is a zip file. The cards are protected PDF format, but the written daily schedule comes in both Word and PDF format that are both completely editable. The written daily schedule is a grid of three columns and twelve rows with plenty of room for you to type your schedule with details. There are eleven cards in three different options.
So many Posters are included in this bundle! You can decorate your classroom, and change the posters out as you need! Back to School Activities will get the year off to a good start. Families Lesson Plan is a good beginning of year lesson for young children. Also, centers posters and Preschool Daily Schedule are perfect for Pre-K and K classrooms! Enjoy every resource in this bundle designed to help you start your school year!