activity allows students, and teachers, to gather information, take notes, and complete an essay based on the process used to assess students through high-stakes testing. Students will read and take notes on:
★ a narrative back-to-school text (such as The Teacher from the Black Lagoon)
★ a blog entry called I Love Being a Kid, and a
★ a newspaper article titled Students Head Back-to-School .
Students will then use the graphic organizer provide to synthesis the information. Finally, they will organize their writing and write an informational writing piece based on the Common Core Standards expectations in testing.
Informational Writing student notebook page is included!
This activity includes:
• A student direction page that includes the writing prompt. This prompt is styled after the Florida Standards Assessment.
• The Writing to Inform student notebook page.
• A newspaper article titled Students Head Back-to-School
• A blog posted called I Love Being a Kid with a focus on a fourth grader’s first day in school.
• A graphic organizer to synthesis their thinking on all 3 reading pieces.
• A graphic organizers to plan their writing pieces.
• Simple stationary for students to write on.
• An assessment suggestion page. No rubrics are included in this product.
All of this to help get your year of writing off to a good start!
Other Writing Products you may be interested in!
Spot the Prompt: A Types of Writing Prompts Game
Writing All About Snow Globes: Write to Inform Testing Prompt
What is a Prairie: A Cross Curricular Informational Writing Activity
Interesting Animals of Florida: A Cross-Curricular Opinion Writing Test Prep
Valentines Day Writing Promp Write to Inform High Stakes Testing Prompt
Writing Prompt: My Superhero IS Super
Please be sure to follow me for new products, 1/2 price for a limited time! Also, all TPT Teachers love feedback! Please take a minute after you download to share how you feel about any product you download!
Thanks, Julie from The Best Days :)