I love lap books because they result in creative collections of helpful and interesting information. Kids who like doing puzzles, creating displays, or designing scrapbook pages enjoy the ongoing, creative work of making lap books.
This BACK TO SCHOOL
lap book can be worked on throughout the first week of school, but older students should be able to finish the project in a single day, if necessary. The open-ended design makes it most appropriate for children in grades 1-4, as they can each write and draw at their own developmental level.
The FRONT COVER Includes:
• A Back-to-School Name Plate
• Number Tiles for the School Year
• A Blank Grade-Level Tag
• A Blank School "Polaroid"
• A Blank Cell Phone for a First Day Selfie
NOTE: Multiple number tiles have been provided so you can continue to make this project year after year (2017, 2018, etc.)
The INSIDE PAGES Include:
• A Template for Writing Personal Wishes for the Year
• A Mini-Chart for Recording the Number of Girls and Boys in Class
• A 4-Tab Book Focused on the Classroom, Teacher, Friends, & Rules
• A Mini-Clock Schedule for Important Times (P.E., Art, Music,Lunch, etc.)
• A Fold-Up Book Featuring Important Adults in the School (Principal, Coach, etc.)
The BACK COVER Includes:
• A Recording Page for Sharing Out a Favorite "First Week" Memory
To complete this lap book, each student will need:
• one file folder
• a glue stick
• 3 brass fasteners
• a set of these templates
Please click on the PREVIEW
above to see sample pages and photos.
A RELATED PROJECT: All About Me Lap Book: A Back-To-School Project
Thank you for your interest in this item.
Happy teaching! :)
Come CONNECT with Me!
My Teaching Blog: Creating Readers and Writers
My Pinterest Boards: Andrea Knight on Pinterest
My Facebook Page: Creating Readers and Writers on Facebook