Included in this packet are five brown bear measuring activities inspired by the beloved story, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle. For a better look, just click on PREVIEW.
The measuring activities include:
How Tall Are Brown Bear's Friends?
- Students will be using both standard and non-standard units to measure each one.
Story Book Area and Perimeter
- Students will use the character pictures provided to measure the area and perimeter of each story book.
Teacher Measuring Tape
- Students will color, cut out and glue together a teacher measuring tape. They will then use it to measure items of their choice around the room - Super Fun!
How Many Brown Bears Tall Are You?
- With the help of a friend, students will measure how many brown bears tall they are. This is a great display to place in the hallway... kids all around the school will be using it to see how they measure up! Younger kiddos will then record it on a recording page and draw a picture of themselves to match. These pages, along with the included book cover, make an adorable class book!
Wee Little Brown Bear
- This is a printable activity with a ruler printed at the bottom of the page. Students cut off the ruler and use it to measure different characters from the story. Students are asked to measure to the nearest half-inch.
This set is also included as part of a MONEY-SAVING BUNDLE. To check it out, just click here...
Measuring Palooza BUNDLE --- Measuring Math Centers For The Whole Year
Don't Miss Out on TPT Credits:
• Go over to your My Purchases page (you may need to log-in). Beside each purchase you'll see a flashing "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. TPT will give you feedback credits which you can use towards future purchases --- woo hoo! Plus, I value your feedback greatly and I love hearing from my followers. It makes my day!
Be the first to know about my new freebies, products and discounts:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo. Clicking it makes you a follower! You will then receive emails telling you about new products, freebies, discounts and updates!
Keywords: back to school measuring, measuring, measurement, math center, measuring center, standard measurement, non-standard measurement, area, perimeter, measuring tape, math centers, math center game, back to school math game, back to school math center