This Back To School Night Presentation will save you a LOT of time while working on your behalf to build your classroom community among families. Building relationships with families is just as important as building them with your students.
To use this PowerPoint presentation, all you have to do is input relevant information where it is needed to make a fabulous first impression on your students' families.
This Back To School Night Presentation gives you the option to start your presentation as you would a typical Morning Meeting. The information about how to do that is on my blog for free, whether you purchase this product or not, here
. You can easily delete or edit slides if you choose not to run your Back To School Night as a Morning Meeting.
The slides included are:
- A Welcome Slide, visible as families filter into your room with directions on what to do as they wait for others to arrive
- A Morning Meeting Slide, to preview parents for what they will experience in your parent version of a Morning Meeting (you could delete this or edit it to describe Morning Meeting if you run one in your room but would prefer not to start your night this way)
- A Teacher Background Slide
- A Communication Slide
- A Class Goals Slide
- A Behavior Management Slide, editable and complete with Responsive Classroom information pre-loaded, including information about consequences, class rules, etc.
- A Special Area Class Schedule Slide
- A Grade-Specific Slide, used to explain special privileges and activities available to students in your grade level
- A Classroom Information Slide
- A Homework Policy Slide
- A Final Slide, giving your parents directions on what to do as they leave your room (ex: volunteering to be a class parent, checking out student work, etc.)
Make sure you check the “notes” section on the bottom of each PowerPoint slide to see my tips for making your Back to School Night memorable, unique, and informative.
I recommend downloading the free font HelloChunky (this font is only free when it is used for personal use) here: Hello Literacy
. If you would like to use another font, that is OK too! TECH TIP: If you download the font I used and it does not show up in your document, try completely closing PowerPoint and then opening it again.
You can also check out my "Curriculum At A Glance" freebie to give to parents to supplement your Back To School Night presentation here
Thank you so much for your interest in this product! Feel free to contact me with any questions or stop by my blog for more information: A Word On Third