6 Great Read Alouds for the first week of school with engaging activities.
1. Name Jar: story map, summary, writing prompt, and 'what makes you unique?' activity
2. First Day Jitters: words to describe how someone may feel on the first day of school, and picture of student at the beginning and at the end of the day.
3. You're Finally Here: Drawing activity
4. Classroom Rules: "Rules" activity
5. Dear Teacher: Writing a friendly letter and 2 character maps
6. If You Ever Want to Bring an Alligator to School, Don't!: Writing Prompt