It’s that time of year again when many of us fearless teachers are heading back for a new school year. It’s an exciting time for both the kids and the teachers, but it can also be a little scary and as a teacher you may feel somewhat apprehensive.
I’ve found that one way you can help ease those worries and nerves is to have some ready to go activities that are engaging and fun for your students to complete.
This ‘Back to School’ pack provides you with many practical ideas and activities that you can carry out in the first few weeks of the school year. They’re great as they help encourage values and social skills, but they will also help your class get to know each other.
The pack includes 3 sections:
1. Summer holiday reflections: the activities in this section encourage your students to reflect and share what they did over their summer break. What you’ll get in this section:
* Ultimate holiday destination;
* Places you went during the summer holidays;
* 10 things I did during the summer holidays;
* Summer holidays dream;
* A summer alphabet; and
* Send a postcard.
2. Getting to know you: these activities will help your students share information about themselves and get to know each other a little bit more. What you’ll get in this section:
* Self portrait;
* Comparing characters;
* Unique hands;
* For sale sign;
* People bingo;
* All about me cube; and
* Student of the week.
3. Being a good friend: activities to encourage your students to think about what it means to be a good friend. What you’ll get in this section:
* Mini book;
* Comic strip;
* Design a poster; and
* Friendship mobile.
If you’re after more great lesson ideas, then check out these items:
Physical Education Resource Kit
Punctuation – 10 Punctuation Posters
Natural Disasters: Report Writing – 26 pages
Top Notch Teaching