This is a pack full of activities for new fourth graders at the beginning of the year! It incorporates the number 4 into many different kinds of activities, including icebreakers, getting to know you, creativity, word building, math and writing skills.
These are great activities for students to work on the first week in class to interact with each other, as well as good independent activities if you need time to collect supplies or get things in order.
- FOURTH GRADE Making Words: Students can manipulate letter cards to come up with as many words as possible using the letters in FOURTH GRADE. Letter cards included for extra support.
- FIND FOUR Activity: A Scattergories type activity where students need to think of 4 things to fit in each category. (2 pages)
- CRAZY 4 MATH: A math fact practice sheet focusing on addition subtraction, multiplication facts and some challenge work including multiple operations. Also has space for students to create pictures to support their answers. (2 pages)
- FRIEND FINDER: Find 4 friends that fit in each category. This encourages students to talk to and interact with each other, while finding out new information about their classmates. (2 pages)
- 4th GRADE PET MONSTER: An activity where students can use their creativity to create their own drawing of a class pet (monster)out of 4 lines, then write about what they created.
- QUADRILATERAL QUEST: A three-part math activity that reviews quadrilaterals. Requires students to identify, sort, and create quadrilaterals and other polygons. (3 pages)
- FACT OR FIB?: Students write four facts about themselves, only one is a lie! Classmates must guess which fact is the fib.
All activities include teacher directions and different ways to play.
Check out the preview for a sample look at some of the pages!
Be sure to check out our other grade level Back To School Packs!
Back To School Second Grade Activity Pack
Back To School Third Grade Activity Pack
Back To School Fifth Grade Activity Pack