5 math centers for the first weeks of School - great value for assessment, language, and development of math skills.
• School-themed picture puzzles that have been cut into 5 numbered strips, 1 to 5. (Skills - recognizing numbers, numerical order, hand-eye coordination).
• Clip cards to 10 (2 sets) – place a clothes pin on the correct number (of three numbers), naming a set. (Skills - counting, relating numeral to set, hand fine motor skill).
• Patterns- completing or continuing an AB pattern. (Skills - reciting the pattern, predicting)
• Sorting school-related items onto category mats. The categories are: things to write with; ways to go to school; things in a playground; things to play with.
• Number sense center. Begin with a 10-frame mat – there are 10 mats, 1 to 10. Find the number, and a set of school-related items, that are related to each 10-frame. (Skills - counting, number recognition, relating a number to a set of items and a 10-frame organize, sorting, critical thinking).
Print centers on cardstock and laminate for longest use.
KidSparkz Teacher Resources