This unit includes 7 math activities:
1. Math T-shirt match: Students count the dots on one shirt and match it to the same color shirt with the correct number. There is also a recording sheet that goes with this activity that students color and practice writing their numbers to 10. This activity should be used during the first month of school. Common core standards MCCK.CC.3
2. Math cube number match: Students count the cubes on the card and match them to the correct number card. Students can also be given a set of ten cubes to manipulate their visual practice card. This activity also comes with a color, count, and write the numbers from 1-10 recording sheet. Common core standards MCCK.CC.4
3. Compose the teen number cards: Students use cubes and the cards to build and understand teen numbers. This activity includes a building teen numbers recording sheet. Common core standards MCCK.NBT.1
4. A set of trace and write practice sheets 1-100. Students use the worksheets to practice writing their numbers from 1 to 100. (Morning work or after student has completed math centers. common core standards MCCK.CC.3
5. A set of colorful number puzzles: Students count the objects and match the correct number. Common core standards MCCK.MD.3
6. Number and Number Word chart. Students may use this chart to do activities that require them to match numbers to number words until they learn the number words. Common core standards MCCK.CC.3
7. Basketball and Basketball hoop match up. Students match the basketball to the correct basketball hoop. Matching numbers with number words. Common core standards MCCK.CC.3
Four Letter Activities:
1. Letter caterpillar: Students make a caterpillar by putting letters in abc order.
2. Sun cloud matchup: Students match the capital letter to the lower case letter by putting the sun with the correct cloud.
3. Write and draw the room letters: In the beginning of the year I start my students off writing letters around the room. This activity is great because students find the letters around the room and write it on the recording sheet. They also draw the picture that is on the letter card. This is work that needs to be done at the beginning of kindergarten. Students get practice writing and drawing pictures. This helps them be more confident during writing workshops which starts with their pictures telling a story.
4. Color, cut, and paste morning work: Students color the letters, cut out pictures that match the beginning sounds and glue them next to the picture.
All activities just print in color, laminate and cut, and Use. You will save time and your students will lean and have fun at the same time.