**All newly updated in 2016 with a fresh, new look!***
A collection of 14 activities to make the first few weeks of the new school year exciting and memorable.
These activities will build classroom morale, allow students to get to know you and each other, learn and review classroom rules and procedures, and in some cases, set-up fun year-long routines that your students will remember for years!
1. Answer of the Day Journal - a bell-ringer activity that promotes extended thinking skills and positive classroom management
2. Our Classroom Contract - a behavior management tool to help your students feel ownership of their classroom
3. Dear Me! - a writing activity that asks students to reflect on last year and set goals for this one
4. Introduce a Classmate! - an ice-breaker activity that gets students moving
5. Math Self-Portrait - an ice-breaker activity that uses art and math skills to introduce students to each other in a new and unique way (creates a great bulletin board for Parents Night!)
6. Meet Your Textbook - a previewing activity you can use all year long
7. Our Class Monster! - a class management tool that your students will remember forever
8. Top Secret! - create a secret code to get your students excited about communicating with you
9. We All Fit Together! - a fun ice-breaker that creates a great-looking bulletin board
10. The Hardest Test of the Year! - a fun way to introduce yourself to your new students
11. Classroom Management Plan: Caught You Being Good! - a comprehensive positive behavior management system that rewards the students who are doing the right things, rather than focusing on the few students not following the rules
12. 5 Things +1 (Summarizer) - a fun, easy way to summarize your lessons
13. Acrostic Autobiographies Project - a bigger project to teach students poetry and computer skills while you get to know them better
14. Respectful or Rude - a funny activity that lets students learn about what is appropriate in other cultures as they reflect on what appropriate behavior is in their classroom
PLUS: The Fun, Fast Personality Test - a hysterical resource that let's students get to know themselves in a way that will have your class talking and laughing.
Purchased individually, all of these activities would cost almost $18, but you can buy them all here for less than $1 an activity!
All games/activities are also available individually.