These activities would be great for the start of the school year!
You will find 24 color back to school vocabulary cards and 5 different recording sheets for 5 different activities.
Back to school vocabulary included: backpack, lunch, lunchbox, bus, school, clipboard, crayons, eraser, globe, glue, highlighter, marker, ruler, books, paper, scissors, pencil, notebook, folder, paint, paintbrush, paperclip, calculator, sharpener
Activity #1 - Syllables
- Students sort the objects by the number of syllables in a pocket chart.
- Then, they complete the recording sheet.
Activity #2 - Vocabulary (write the room) *Copy recording sheet back to back
- Post the cards around the room.
- Have the students walk around with the recording sheet and write the words that match the pictures.
- You can also place the cards in a bucket or fun container and have the students randomly choose cards until they’ve recorded all of them.
Activity #3 - Handwriting
- Students choose three cards and practice writing the name of the object in their best handwriting five (5) times.
- Then, they will draw a picture of the object in the box.
Activity #4 - Concentration / Memory *You will need two sets of the cards
- Students play concentration/memory
- After the game, the students complete the recording sheet.
Activity #5 - Graphing
- Students randomly choose ten (10) cards.
- Then, they will graph the objects by the first letter being sure to use a different color for each letter.
- The students will write a sentence about their graph.
Follow me for updates, sales and more products to come! Simply click on the green star next to my profile picture.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions.
Shoelaces and Sugar Cookies