Back to School Activities
First Week of School
Get your school year off to a fantastic start with this resource filled with engaging Back to School Activities!
Filled with back to school checklists, warm-ups, about me mini-books, personalized name tags, teacher predictions, a classroom community brainstorm, writing prompt and an icebreaker, this set of activities has everything you need to not only learn about your students, but set up a classroom community that is engaging and supportive.
In this resource, you’ll find…
• A Detailed and Comprehensive Overview on HOW to implement each activity (3 pages)
• Back to School Checklist for Teachers with tips and tricks for a successful school year
• Students’ Thoughts on the First Day of School Overview
• All About You Name Tag Survey and Activity
• All About You Name Tag Template (with motivational quote)
• Teacher Prediction Activity where students make guesses about YOU!
• Teacher Prediction Scoring Guide and Results
• How-To Make a Mini-Book - Step-by-Step Instructions
• A Little Bit About Me Mini-Book Template
• This or That Warm-Up Worksheet about Finding Sequence
• Creative Writing Prompt (great to use as a baseline writing assessment)
• Classroom Community Brainstorm
• Icebreaker or Lesson Extension Activity
Other Back to School
Back to School Toolkit
First Day of School Activities
Classroom Management -
Tips, Tricks, and Tools
Incredible Journeys Multi-Unit Bundle:
Literature Study, Historical Text Analysis, Poetry Analysis, Poetry Writing, Speech Analysis, Mini-Research Project, Speech Writing and Presentation, & Personal Journey Reflection
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction