These Back to School Activities would be a great way to ease back into the new schooling year. It is so important to break the ice and get to know your new students.
1) Find someone who... Students have to find other students within the class that match up to the squares.
2) Two truths and a Lie. Students need to write down three facts about themselves where one is a 'lie'. Once all the students have written their facts, let them exchange their facts and guess which are the lies.
3) All about Me. This is a great way for the teacher to learn some interesting facts about the students.
4) Guess Who?! Students need to write down four unique facts about themselves. Once done, students can try to guess whose facts are whose.
5) Goal Setting (2 copies - 1 for boys, 1 for girls). Students set out their goals for the upcoming school year.
6) Instagram Holiday. Students depict their holiday by drawing some scenes from their holiday and writing captions. Hashtags can be used too!
7) Back to School Word Search. Students need to search for 12 words related to school. Answer key provided.
8) First Day Reflection. Students reflect and write about their first day back to school (2 copies - 1 for boys, 1 for girls).
9) Writing Prompts x 2
10) Back to School Acrostic. Students write a poem using the words 'Back to School'.
Check out my store and other products:
Leopard Print Classroom Rules
Leopard Print Labels
Leopard Print Editable Teacher Binder
Place Value Scoot
Epic Writing Prompts - Task Cards