A bundle of 15 activities to make the first few weeks of the new school year exciting and memorable.
These activities will build classroom morale, allow students to get to know you and each other, learn and review classroom rules and procedures, and in some cases, set-up fun year-long routines that your students will remember for years!
Included in this bundle:
1. Answer of the Day Journal - a bell-ringer activity that promotes extended thinking skills and positive classroom management
2. Our Classroom Contract - a behavior management tool to help your students feel ownership of their classroom
3. Dear Me! - a writing activity that asks students to reflect on last year and set goals for this one
4. Introduce a Classmate! - an ice-breaker activity that gets students moving
5. Math Self-Portrait - an ice-breaker activity that uses art and math skills to introduce students to each other in a new and unique way (creates a great bulletin board for Parents Night!)
6. Meet Your Textbook - a previewing activity you can use all year long
7. Our Class Monster! - a class management tool that your students will remember forever
8. Top Secret! - create a secret code to get your students excited about communicating with you
9. We All Fit Together! - a fun ice-breaker that creates a great-looking bulletin board
10. The Hardest Test of the Year! - a fun way to introduce yourself to your new students
11. Classroom Management Plan: Caught You Being Good! - a comprehensive positive behavior management system that rewards the students who are doing the right things, rather than focusing on the few students not following the rules
12. 5 Things +1 (Summarizer) - a fun, easy way to summarize your lessons
13. Acrostic Autobiographies Project - a bigger project to teach students poetry and computer skills while you get to know them better
14. Respectful or Rude - a funny activity that lets students learn about what is appropriate in other cultures as they reflect on what appropriate behavior is in their classroom
PLUS: The Fun, Fast Personality Test - a hysterical resource that lets students get to know themselves in a way that will have your class talking and laughing.
What teachers are saying about this resource
• "This is the best back to school resource collection ever! Thank you!"
• "Such fun, engaging, unique ideas! Thanks so much!"
• "OMG! This is all great stuff. I am using the Hardest Test of the Year on the first day. I can hardly wait to use all the activities. I will have as much fun as the students. Thanks ever so."
Feedback & Followers
Did you know that you can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this resource? If you enjoy this resource, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT.
You can also follow me
for the latest news on new resources and upcoming sales!
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
Fresh Ideas for Your Class
Facebook:Meghan Mathis - Fun, Fresh Ideas for Your Class
Blog: Fun, Fresh Ideas for Your Class