PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Get to know your students with tons of fun Back to School activities, Icebreakers and ready-to-go worksheets! Many of the activities come with multiple differentiated options to make for a resource that can work across many grade levels. Take a peek at the preview to see if these activities are appropriate for your students!
• Word Searches: 4 levels included with back to school vocabulary terms. Answer Keys included.
• Back to School Bingo: “Find someone who...” Bingo is a fun icebreaker activity to have students interact and learn about each other, create their own Bingo boards, and then play! 2 Cards are included with the same questions mixed up (full page or half page option).
• Brag Bag: Students write, or draw (both options included) about their interests, talents, and traits.
• Rules & Expectations: Students fill in the classroom rules on a “white board”, write about why they are important, and then choose one rule to draw an example and non-example of following it.
• Venn Diagram: Students compare and contrast the first day last year and this year (personality, feelings, first day activities etc.)
• Classroom Puzzle Display: Includes teacher directions and student puzzle piece templates for a beautiful display. These even work well to have on student’s desk when they first come in on the first day, as something calming and unintimidating to work on while everyone gets settled.
• Morning & Dismissal Routine Countdowns: This is a way for students to visually see what to do at the start and end of each school day.
• Classroom Map: Students draw their own classroom map with a key (2 options included: key already filled in or blank).
• Classroom KWL: This works well about a week into the school year to see what students are understanding about the classroom, and what questions they still have.
• My Life Timeline: Fun, visual way for students to show some big life events they have experienced.
• All About Me Lift the Flap: This is a cut, glue, fold and write interactive graphic organizer with 3 cover options and 2 back page options.
• Making Words: Students make words from Back to School, New Classmates, and School Supplies. Answer key is included.
• Break the Code: Students decode a message from the teacher (2 Options). Answer Key is included.
For a discount on this resource, along with more back to school resources check out the Complete Back to School Bundle!
For a huge discount on all seasonal and holiday resources for the ENTIRE YEAR, check out the Seasonal and Holidays Resources Bundle!
More Back to School Resources:
© 2017 Cassandra Donoian - Raise the Bar Reading