Back to School Activities - First Week of School for Secondary Students
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and securedPrice $239.99Original Price $429.64Save $189.65
- Be prepared for the Back-to-School season with this secondary English classroom bundle. This back-to-school bundle includes three amazing resources for your secondary ELA classroom! •Editable Secondary ELA Class Syllabus This classroom syllabus is completely editable! Back to School Activities forPrice $12.20Original Price $15.25Save $3.05
- Get excited for an entire school year of fun and engaging activities with this Activities Bundle for Secondary Students! This bundle includes three sets of activity packets: back to school, growth mindset, and end of the school year! This Activities Bundle for Secondary Students includes three of myPrice $20.00Original Price $22.00Save $2.00
- If you are looking for resources for an entire year of middle school ELA or high school English, this secondary ELA curriculum is for you! This English Curriculum includes both traditional print and editable digital files to help you plan your best year yet!This ELA curriculum is ideal for grades 7-Price $349.99Original Price $674.56Save $324.57
- Custom secondary ELA bundle for Elizabeth.For larger bundle requests ($150.00 and up before the discount), please email me at thedaringenglishteacher (at) gmail (dot) com. For the custom bundle request, please send me a link to all of the resources you wish to include.Please note that bundles automaPrice $163.56Original Price $181.73Save $18.17
- Custom secondary ELA bundle for Rachel.For larger bundle requests ($150.00 and up before the discount), please email me at thedaringenglishteacher (at) gmail (dot) com. For the custom bundle request, please send me a link to all of the resources you wish to include.Please note that bundles automaticPrice $268.15Original Price $302.45Save $34.30
- Custom secondary ELA bundle for Deanna.For larger bundle requests ($150.00 and up before the discount), please email me at thedaringenglishteacher (at) gmail (dot) com. For the custom bundle request, please send me a link to all of the resources you wish to include.Please note that bundles automaticPrice $206.81Original Price $295.44Save $88.63
- This is a custom ELA bundle for Tricia. For larger bundle requests ($150.00 and up before the discount), please email me at thedaringenglishteacher (at) gmail (dot) com. For the custom bundle request, please send me a link to all of the resources you wish to include.Please note that bundles automatiPrice $230.83Original Price $256.48Save $25.65
Engage your new students from day one with these 11 back-to-school activities that are ideal for the first day and first week of school! This Back-to-School Activities Packet is ideal for middle and high school students, and it is filled with beginning-of-the-year ice breakers and activities you and your students will love!
You and your students will get to know each other and start the school year on the right foot with these beginning-of-the-year activities. These 11 first-week-of-school activities are designed to help students get to know each other and become more familiar with the class.
The Middle and High School Back-to-School Resource Includes:
- About Me Student Survey
- About Me Graphic Organizer
- About Me Social Media Profile*
- Plot Elements of Summer
- About Me Top 10 Lists
- Classroom Rules and Policies Word Search (with key)
- About Me Classroom Quilt (3 designs)*
- About You Partner Interview Activity (with two options)
- About Us Group Scavenger Hunt
- Find Someone Who
- About Me Personal Narrative Essay (with two included rubrics)
*indicates bulletin board activities that are perfect for Back to School Night.
Your students will love these back-to-school activities because they were designed with older students in mind. Students will be engaged, getting to know one another, and excited about the school year!
All of these probability activities use manipulatives and materials readily available in most classrooms, but I've also included printable manipulatives just in case you need them.
Prep is quick and easy... Just print the student pages, gather the materials listed, and you're ready for a fun and engaging class!
This back-to-school activity packet also includes the following:
- Three pages of teacher instructions
- 11 different back-to-school activities
- Bulletin board ideas (great for decorating your room with your students)
- Easy partner matching
- Easy group matching (includes color and B&W options)
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Amanda S. says, "I have used this resource for years and I love that it is always relevant and provides me with useful information about my students that does not seem too scary at first."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Ashley J. says, "What an awesome way to get to know new students! There is more in this bundle than I could ever use. I loved doing the classroom quilt and personal narrative with my students. It was clear that the quilt activity made my students open up. They were eager to explain the drawings and pieces of each quilt to me. I look forward to using this resource in future years. "
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Anice B. says, "There are a lot of great resources for elementary school students, but not as many for students in grades 7-12. This one was EXCELLENT for secondary students! Thank you so much!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Katie P. says, "I loved all of the different options for students to tell me about themselves at the beginning of the year. I got to learn so much about my students, and they were excited to tell me about their favorite things!"
You may also like…
→ Growth Mindset Activities and Resources for the Secondary Classroom
→ Bell Ringers for Secondary English: An Entire Year of Sentence Combining
→ End of the Year Activities for the Secondary Classroom
* Make sure you click the "follow" button next to my picture so you don’t miss out on sales and new resources
* Please provide feedback on this resource. Doing so will help you earn TPT credits that you can apply toward future purchases! It’s like FREE TPT cash!
© The Daring English Teacher, Inc.
All rights reserved. License good for single-classroom use only.