Also included in
- Four of my best selling, low prep "main idea" resources in one discounted bundle!!1. Main Idea and Supporting Details Reading Passages (Non-Fiction) Students can practice identifying the main idea and details through color coding. This resource gives students multiple opportunities to practice recog$28.59$35.74Save $7.15
- 19 of my best selling 2nd grade resources are in one place at a deep discount. Grab yours, and you'll have all of my favorite second grade essentials!The following topics are covered:First day activities for 2nd grade1st day letterClass listPlan bookBack to school night formsYear long planMorning wo$54.59$67.98Save $13.39
- 23 of my best selling 3rd grade resources are in one place at a deep discount. Grab it now, and you'll have all of my favorite third grade essentials! The following topics are covered:First day activities for 3rd grade1st day letterClass listPlan bookBack to school night formsParagraph writing unitY$77.40$93.45Save $16.05
- Main idea, opinion writing, using context clues, 4th grade morning work, and verbs worksheets are just a few of my 23 best selling 4th grade resources! You can find them all right here at a deep discount. Grab yours, and you'll have all of my favorite fourth grade essentials! The following topics ar$86.39$107.99Save $21.60
- Main idea, opinion writing, ancient civilizations, and 6th grade morning work are just a few of my 31 best selling 6th grade resources! You can find them all right here at a deep discount. Grab yours, and you'll have all of my favorite sixth grade essentials!The following topics are covered:First da$98.25$122.98Save $24.73
- Main Idea and Supporting Details Passages - The Bundle These Google Classroom slides are perfect for distance learning, and the PRINTABLE worksheets provide easy, NO-prep classroom activities! A SELF GRADING Google Form quiz is also included.⭐ PRINT ⭐1. Students can practice identifying the main ide$12.50$14.99Save $2.49
- 30 of my best selling 5th grade resources are in one place at a deep discount. Grab yours, and you'll have all of my favorite fifth grade essentials!The following topics are covered:First day activities for 5th grade 5th grade morning work1st day letterClass listPlan bookBack to school night formsPa$99.00$135.69Save $36.69
- Now all of my BEST SELLING, low prep reading comprehension passages and questions are in one discounted bundle!! Do you want to help your students become more confident readers? These fun and interactive passages are perfect for helping students identify the main idea and details, use text features$26.00$35.00Save $9.00
Students love these main idea and supporting details reading comprehension passages! The back to school bonus reading passages include: The First Day of School Jitters, Introduction to the Scientific Method, and Johnny Appleseed.
Finding the main idea and supporting details has never been easier! Using our main idea graphic organizer to color code nonfiction passages gives students multiple opportunities to practice recognizing text organization. When students can see the organization of a written paragraph, they can more easily identify the main idea. Each reading passage also comes with comprehension passages, and answer keys are included.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Krista N. said, “My students loved using this resource. It was engaging and easy to use!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Natalie P. said, "This resource is perfect! It is keeping my students engaged and learning. Thank you so much!
In this resource you will find: anchor posters, main idea graphic organizers that can be applied to any text, color coded nonfiction main idea and supporting details passages that increase in difficulty, and answer keys.
“How to Find the Main Idea” Poster
Practice Passages ~ Easy
Practice Passages ~ Harder
*The easy passages ask students to find and restate the topic, main idea, and a detail. The harder passages ask them to find and restate the main idea, a detail, and an example of the detail.
First Day of School Jitters pg.22
Scientific Method pg.23
Johnny Appleseed pg.24
the World pg.27
Martin Luther King Jr pg.28
Ground Hogs Day pg.29
Abraham Lincoln ( President's Day ) pg.30
George Washington pg.31
Valentine’s Day - Kindness pg.32
Chinese New Year pg.33
St. Patrick's Day pg.34
Dying Easter Eggs pg.35
Earth Day pg.36
Cinco de Mayo pg.37
Memorial Day pg.38
Starfish - Ocean pg.39
The Google Slides version of this resource can be found HERE. (Holiday content not included in the Google Slides version)
Due to the popularity of this resource, I have also created: Main Idea of the Week! It contains a year's worth of additional practice passages not found in any of my other resources or bundles.
CC.3.RI.2 - Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
CC.4.RI.2 - Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
CC.5.RI.8 - Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which point(s).
CC.6.RI.2 - Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
If you like this, you might also like the links below:
✦✦✦Connect with Peas in a Pod Lessons! ✦ ✦ ✦
✧Click Here to receive notifications on new FREEBIES and teaching resources
✧Download a Free Teaching Resources Shopping Guide!
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Melissa (Peas in a Pod)
Copyright: Copying any part of this product and placing it on the internet in any form (even personal/class website) is forbidden and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).In purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Peas in a Pod and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product. Thank you!