Looking for Pre-K centers? Kindergarten centers too? These are for you! Designed with both Pre-K and Kindergarten in mind, these centers will give you a variety of activities and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging math and literacy centers for Pre-K and Kindergarten students with a Back to School theme.
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
LITERACY CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
Alphabet Clip Cards (3 sets)
– clip the matching letter for uppercase, lowercase, and mixed case.
“School” Emergent Reader (2 levels)
print a simple label style version, or one with predictable sentence pattern. Copy two-sided and cut in half for two books!
Name Tracing Strips – Editable File included!
Make these for your students and laminate them or put them in a sheet protector. With dry erase markers they can trace their names over and over!
My name is….
Find and trace the letters in your name (upper and lowercase sets are both included).
Build your name
– use magnets, tiles or alphabet tools to build your name in the box. Practice writing your name below (both versions with lines and no lines are included).
What’s that letter?
– Pick a pencil, find and trace its match. Both upper and lowercase versions are included so that you can mix it up how you choose.
ABC Match Up
– cut the puzzles in half for an alphabet matching game (both upper and lowercase included – you can even mix them for upper to lower matching). A recording sheet is included as well.
– pick a crayon and color one on the recording sheet to match, OR pick a crayon and find the color word on the recording sheet, coloring to match.
Alphabet Tracing Cards
– Print and laminate. With a dry erase marker kids can practice writing both their upper and lowercase letters.
Busing Sight Word Match
– Print two copies of the sight word cards (editable file included should you need additional words – you can also play this with names or letters). After matching them up, kids can record some words on the optional recording sheet.
MATH CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
Number clip card match
– clip the matching number.
Counting clip card match
– count the crayons and clip the number that shows the total.
– laminate and use with a dry erase marker. Count the school supplies and write the total in the box
(sets to 10).
– laminate and use with a dry erase marker. Write the equation and solve to show how many crayons (beginning addition to 5).
– cut in half and match shapes!
– Pick a crayon, count the dots and fill in a ten frame to match, OR, pick a crayon, read the number and fill in a ten frame to match.
Roll and Color
– Roll a die and count the dots. Color a matching die (no numbers, just dots).
Roll and Count
– Roll a die and count the dots. Color the crayon that shows the total.
Roll and Add
– Roll two dice and count the dots. Color the crayon that shows the total. (2 versions, one with a number line so that you can choose to play with numbered dice instead of dotted dice as a challenge if you wish).
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the file.
More Back to School
Pre-K Back to School Clip Cards
Kindergarten Back to School Clip Cards
Write It! Back to School Writing Activities and Centers