Included in this pack are easy activities to use with your K-2 kiddos during the first and second weeks of school! Here is what is included!
1. Self Portrait (page 4)
2. My Name Writing Activity (Page 5) have your students write their names at the beginning, middle, and end of the year. You will be SHOCKED by the progress!!
3. My Name Activity (Page 6) – Students write and count the letters in their name!
4. Hopes and Dreams Goal Setting Activity (Pages 7-11) – The students set a goal for the school year. Then you also have their parents set one too. Display them together in the classroom or keep them for an end of year memory book!
5. 1st Piece of Writing Page (Pages 12-18) – Have students write on this for their first piece of writing. Keep it for the end of the year and put it next to their LAST piece of writing (included). It’s SOOO fun to see all of the progress they make!
6. King and Queen of the Day! – Have a mystery student each day until you run out of students.. To introduce the mystery “king or queen” of the day, you can uncover their name one letter at a time or draw their name out of a cup…YOU decide!
Students will then ask the king or queen questions. Favorite color? Food? Game? Etc… It’s a great get to know you activity.
The first two pages are the covers for the book (Pages 20 and 21). Simply copy them on construction paper, fold them in half and staple the half pages inside the cover. Whoever is king or queen, will decorate their own over
The rest of the class makes a page for the king or queen (Pages 22 and 23). They will draw them a picture and write the king or queens name on the line! This is a great way to practice letter formation AND learn more about our new friends!
Once you have collected the half sheets from everyone, simply fold the cover in half, and staple the pages inside the book!
7. My New Friend Writing Page (Page 23)
8. All About me Page (Page 24)
9. School Scavenger Hunt (Page 25)
10. Morning Work for the First two weeks of school! – Use these pages for your morning work. They are simple and a great thing to bring to morning meeting and talk about!
Please let us know if you have any questions about our back to school activities! These should keep you busy during that first week AND give you lots of things to keep for those end of year memory books!
Happy First Week of School!