Back to School Activities for 3rd Grade includes engaging, fun, mind stretching printables. Use these to ease 3rd graders into the back to school mode while stretching 2nd grade skills to new 3rd grade skills.
Teachers and students each benefit from the 6 printable back to school activities.
Teacher Benefits of Back to School Activities for 3rd Grade
1. Give you the much needed teacher time on those first days of school.
2. Give you a quick assessment of your students’ language and math skills.
3. Have no or low grading, on many a smiley face or check mark will do.
4. A writing rubric and answer keys are included for grading.
Student Benefits of Back to School Activities for 3rd Grade
1. Review skills
2. Engaging printables
3. Decision making activities
4. Stretches understanding of skills
5. Back to school activities for language and math
1. What’s in Your Backpack?
- Pack your backpack for the first day of school. Decide what is important to take. Write about why you took it.
2. Winding Your Way to School
– Students find Paul’s new school while using direction following skills and letter/number grid.
3. Find Someone Who
- Third grade students get to know each other as they write statements for pictures, conduct a scavenger hunt and share.
4. My School Schedule
- Third grade students review time telling skills and they become acquainted with their new school schedule. Decision making and writing skills are part of this back to school activity.
5. Back to School Word Search
- Your third graders will have fun finding all these back to school words.
6. Addition Equation Search
- Review basic addition facts while stretching your third graders to complete equations with unknown numbers. Then they’ll find they correct equation in an addition equation search.
Back to School Activities for 3rd Grade
could work in some 2nd and 4th grade classroom.
Other Back to School Products
August Enrichment Math for 3rd Grade