#TPTChristmasinJuly This is perfect for Back to School! This Back to School Activities Packet is ideal for grades 4-12. Some of them could be used for 3rd grade with some tweaking. These activities are for students on the first day of school and during the first week of school. In the past, I have done as few as two and as many as all of them during the first few weeks.
This includes a variety of back-to-school activities to make sure that your Back to School week going smoothly. The best part about these activities is that they require no prior planning for you. They also create many opportunities to get to know you students and for your students to get to know each other. There are individual activities that students can be working on while you are doing Back to School housekeeping in your classroom. There are also two ice breakers that your students can do to get up and out of their seats.
There are 14 different back-to-school activities.
1. Let's Talk About Me Student Survey (double sided)
2. A Few of My Favorite Things Graphic Organizer
3. The ABCs of Me Alphabet Graphic Organizer
4. Chirp All About It
5. Find Someone Who... (double sided)
6. Find Someone Who...ELA Edition (double sided)
7. My Thoughts About Reading Questionnaire
8. My Thoughts About Writing Questionnaire
9. My Thoughts About _________ Questionnaire
10. Plot Diagram of My Summer (5 pages total)
--Graphic organizer (double sided)
--Plot diagram to narrative writing
11. Back to School Word Search (with key)
12. Back to School Crossword Puzzle (with key)
13. Back to School Word Scramble (with key)
14. Back to School Mad Libs