Also included in
- Be ready for anything this fall with the Distance Learning Tool Kit bundle! Includes everything you need for the first weeks of school, whether you're in the classroom or online. The Distance Learning Tool Kit for Middle School and High School includes: 5 styles of Digital Syllabus: This four page s$12.50$15.00Save $2.50
- Imagine having your entire middle school ELA school year planned for you! This curriculum and pacing guide for 7th grade ELA includes EVERYTHING you need for an entire school year of reading, writing, learning, growth, and engagement. Simply download the PDF pacing guide and yearlong curriculum, and$250.00$331.23Save $81.23
- Have a stress-free back to school with Back to School ELA Essentials from Read it. Write it. Learn it. Includes everything you need for the first 5+ days of school, from five digital or print syllabus choices to a 3 day Building Community Activity that gets kids on their feet to student-created clas$15.00$17.00Save $2.00
Be ready for anything this fall with a classroom and distance learning version of this Building Community: First Days of School activity! Avoid the boring syllabus review and make the first days of school MEANINGFUL. Build a positive, supportive, encouraging classroom community with this on your feet, interactive whole class and group activity. If your school is online in the fall or you want to establish online norms from day one, use the Google Classroom version!
Whether in person or online, students will participate in a whole class discussion about the possibilities of learning with a fun "experiment." They will then finish sentences about learning, goals, and support. In a group activity, students will synthesize class answers. For the online lesson, students will work to establish norms for online group learning!
After a whole class discussion of goals and ideas for building community, students will either: decorate a classroom banner to make the classroom their own (for the in-class lesson) OR create an online vision board for the school with student's visions and goals for the school year.
When you purchase this product, you will get both the in class and online version of the Building Community lessons and materials.
The in-class lessons include:
- Step by step PowerPoint that will make the first days of school a breeze to teach.
- Classroom Banner piece for students to decorate.
- 6 posters for the group activity that can hang in your classroom all school year.
- Tips for implementation.
The online lessons include:
- Teacher directions
- Lesson One Individual Activity (14 slides): We are all growing
- Lesson One Group Activity (25 slides): Work together to establish clear expectations for online learning
- Lesson Two: Synthesize your goals (nine slides)
- Lesson Three: Creating a Vision Board (six slides with a video tutorial for students)
- Vision Board video tutorial, model, and rubric for grading
For the in-class version, lessons and activities will fill two 40-50 minute class periods and can be adapted for longer classes.
For the online version, lessons and activities include three separate assignments with full teacher directions for posting and sharing in Google Classroom.
Make the first days of school meaningful and stress free. This product is completely editable.
Be sure to grab this digital syllabus that can be used print or online!