What? A Back to School product now, when Summer just began?
Why not? This is the BEST time to check off an item on your "Have To Do Before the First Day" list.
Enjoy Summer's lazy, hazy days by deleting one less task to think about right now. Even if you plan that ideas for these forms and activities will perch on a shelf in your brain until the week you unlock your classroom door, or right before then, you know they will crop up like poison ivy and become an itch you feel you need to scratch when you should be relaxing and recharging.
Let this Secondary ELA product soothe that irritant. It offers you:
1. A "Student Information Sheet" with spaces for any student and parent contact information, the student's class schedule and a space for signatures that acknowledge parents, students and your understanding of the syllabus.
2. A "Parent Contact Record" for those times that you need or want to touch base with parents. I always liked to call home when a student did an awesome job completing and assignment, improved in a goal area or was a positive influence in class, as well as when I had to call for negative behavior or academic issues.
3. "What About Me? (Teacher Copy)" and "What About Me? (Student Copy)" allow students and teachers to point out what turns them on and off about class, with space to add some personal information.
4. The "Parents' Perspective Survey" allows parents a chance to discuss their child's strengths and problematic areas in English as well as in regard to any behavioral areas that might negatively affect the young person's academic success.
5. The "What's in My Name Collage" project present students with a chance to show their personal selves. They reveal themselves-in pictures and words-in a collage using the first letter of their first name as the foundation.
Also, this project does double duty because it forms your Back to School bulletin board.
This assortment is just a start on other back to school projects I have added to my store.
Enjoy a fabulous summer. You deserve it!
As always, this activity- PDF version- may be downloaded and printed for classroom use. Also, an Easel Activity is ready to be used for Google Classroom. Teachers may choose to add an interactive layer of their own for digital use by clicking on the red "Open in Easel" rectangle on the product's page.
For individual packets to “Start Strong,” check out
For all of these and so much more, check out this 109 page packet:
Enjoy a Teach It Now Day,
For an automatic Heads-Up! email about Updated and New products, and also for Sales and other promotions, please click on the Follow Me star under my Store name, Connie.