Back to school and back to using good grammar! Students need to read these back to school themed notes and correct the incorrect irregular plural nouns, irregular past tense verbs, and auxiliary verbs (subject-verb agreement) IS vs. ARE, WAS vs. WERE, and HAS vs. HAVE.
→ This product is part of a money saving bundle: Bad Grammar Bundle
***Color and Black & White options included***
- 18 incorrect and 6 correct irregular plural noun cards
- 18 incorrect and 6 correct irregular past tense verb cards
- 12 incorrect and 6 correct subject/verb agreement IS vs. ARE cards
- 12 incorrect and 6 correct subject/verb agreement WAS vs. WERE cards
- 12 incorrect and 6 correct subject/verb agreement HAS vs. HAVE cards
- "You forgot your school supplies at home! Lose a turn" cards
- 2 recycling bin mats
Choose either color or black and white. Give each student a recycling bin mat. Have students draw a card and decide if the word highlighted in red or underlined is correct or incorrect. If correct, they can put the card on their mat. If incorrect, they must provide the correct noun or verb for the incorrect word before putting the card on their mat. Watch out for the “Lose a Turn” cards! The student with the most cards when all the cards are gone, wins!
Extra fun tips:
Crumple up the cards like a real note you may find on the floor in school!
Use a real recycling bin!
I hope you enjoy this product! Please leave me feedback so you can earn TpT credit for every dollar you spend!
You may also like:
Bad Grammar Text MessagesBad Grammar Birthday CardsBad Grammar Mother's Day CardsBad Grammar Father's Day CardsBad Grammar ValentinesBad Grammar Leprechaun