This 21 page download includes the directions and black line templates for making a paper bag book with your students during the first week of school. The templates fit perfectly on a standard size giant lunch bag. Measurements are included. The theme is "Welcome Back. . .You're a Part of the Pack"! Students will have fun cutting and pasting from among the following interactive parts:
1. Name on a crayon with favorite color
2. Some new classmate names on a pack of crayons
3. Teacher's name and picture
4. Self portrait or photo in the new classroom
5. Three goals for the school year
6. Write and draw an important rule
7. Draw a summer memory
8. Study buddy names and numbers
9. Bucket filler activity
10. School name, room number, and date
There are more activities than pages in the book, so you can pick and choose the ones that work best for you! Also included are several inspirational quotes and a back to school poem for the book pockets. The templates are all in black and white, so they are ready for the copy machine!
Paper bag books are highly engaging for students, and also a wonderful keepsake for parents. This one will be a great way to kick off the year, while setting a positive climate for your classroom.
Thank you for considering my Back to School Bag Book!
If you like interactive kits, you may also want to check out: