Save 20% by purchasing this reading and writing bundle!
*This product is part of my Back to School Beginning of the Year Activities:HUGE BUNDLE*
60+ social studies and community/team building activities for the first weeks of school.
All pintables, resources, and examples included.
*Black and white versions available for easy printing*
Hi teacher friends,
I created these packs after my first year of teaching when I learned (the hard way) just how vital the first few weeks of school are.
I realized I needed to really get to know my students, but I also learned I wanted to use the time in the first few weeks to allow my students to explore and learn important concepts in all subjects. There are a variety of great activities to do in the first few weeks, and social studies and teamwork activities are great for getting to know your students.
These activities were also designed with community, teamwork, and relationship-building in mind so that students can get to know each other while performing these fun activities.
The following activities are found in the Social Studies pack
1. Social Studies Goals
2. Social Studies Class Attitude Survey
3. What Makes a Good Historian?
4. Family Trees
5. Find it on the Map with Food! (U.S. Edition)
6. Find it on the Map with Food! (World Edition)
7. Ethnicity Flags
8. Family Coat of Arms
9. Classroom Quilt
10. Classroom Recipe Book
11. Class Constitution
12. Dream Vacation Research
13. Food From Around the World
14. Famous Buildings in History Models
15. Fishing for Headlines
16. The Five Components of Social Studies
17. History Scavenger Hunt
18. Classroom Timelines
19. State Symbol Collage
20. American Symbol Art
21. Write a Letter to the President Writing Activity
22. Write a Letter to a Solder Writing Activity
23. United States President Matching Game Activity
24. The Nobel Peace Prize Craftivity
25. Proclamation Writing Activity
26. Design Your Own Postage Stamps
27. Social Studies Writing Prompts 1
28. Social Studies Writing Prompts 2
29. Social Studies Picture Books
30. Social Studies Chapter Books
I hope you love these activities as much as I do!
Thank you so much!