*This product is part of my Back to School Beginning of the Year Activities: HUGE BUNDLE*
*This resource is part of my Back to School Beginning of the Year Activities: Math and Science Bundle*
30+ math activities for the first weeks of school.
All pintables, resources, and examples included.
*Black and white versions available for easy printing*
Hi teacher friends,
I created this pack after my first year of teaching when I learned (the hard way) just how vital the first few weeks of school are.
I realized I needed to really get to know my students, but I also learned I wanted to use the time in the first few weeks to allow my students to explore and learn important concepts in all subjects. There are a variety of great activities to do in the first few weeks, and math activities are great for getting to know your students.
These activities were also designed with community, teamwork, and relationship-building in mind so that students can get to know each other while performing fun math activities.
Included in this pack are the following activities:
1. Mathematic goals
2. Math class attitude survey
3. What makes a good mathematician?
4. Multiplication war?
5. Math windows
6. Math about me
7. Mental math
9. The counting game
10. Number order games
11. Counting multiples zap
12. Geometry art
13. Multiplication compare (Differentiated for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th)
14. Division compare (Differentiated for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th)
15. Get to know your teacher with numbers
16. Facial symmetry
17. Edible shapes
18. Edible arrays
19. Math with dice
20. Read, write, check, learn (Differentiated for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th)
21. Math scavenger hunt
22. Math scavenger hunt WITH PEOPLE
23. Following directions
24. Math tower building
25. What shape?
26. Silent number order
27. Teamwork math
28. What’s the number?
29. Back to school math books one
30. Back to school math books two
I hope you love these activities as much as I do!
Thank you so much!