*This resource is part of my Back to School Beginning of the Year Activities:HUGE BUNDLE*
*This resource is part of my Back to School Beginning of the Year Activities: Reading and Writing Bundle*
30+ Reading activities for the first weeks of school.
All pintables, resources, and examples included.
*Black and white versions available for easy printing*
Hi teacher friends,
I created this pack after my first year of teaching when I learned (the hard way) just how vital the first few weeks of school are.
I realized I needed to really get to know my students, but I also learned I wanted to use the time in the first few weeks to allow my students to explore and learn important concepts in all subjects. There are a variety of great activities to do in the first few weeks, and reading activities are great for getting to know your students.
All activities are designed for you to get to know your students, but also to allow them to see how reader’s workshop and real readers should look. Students will learn that reading is fun, and that they are responsible for their learning.
The following activities are found in this pack
1. Reading Goals
2. Reading Class Attitude Survey
3. What Makes a Good Reader?
4. Reading Windows
5. Reading Scavenger Hunt
6. Reading Scavenger Hunt with People
7. Reading Life Timelines
8. Never Too Many Books
9. Teach the Teacher About Books
10. Book Commercials
11. Book Talks
12. Book Raffles
13. Reading Genre Chart Papers
14. Figurative Language Chart Papers
15. Book Recommendations for Peers
16. Book Recommendations for Ourselves
17. Book Wish List For Teachers
18. Scholastic Competitions
19. Great Book, Gross Book
20. Genre Book Displays
21. Book Quotes Graffiti Wall
22. “Books We’ve Read” Wall
23. 40-Book Challenge
24. Blind Date With a Book
25. Reading Buddies 2.0
26. Reading Pen Pals
27. Great Picture Books for Back to School 1
28. Great Picture Books for Back to School 2
29. Great Short Novels for Back to School Read Alouds
30. Great Novels for Back to School Read Alouds
I hope you love these activities as much as I do!
Thank you so much!