*This product is part of my Back to School Beginning of the Year Activities: HUGE BUNDLE*
*This resource is part of my Back to School Beginning of the Year Activities: Reading and Writing Bundle*
30+ Writing activities for the first weeks of school.
All pintables, resources, and examples included.
*Black and white versions available for easy printing*
Hi teacher friends,
I created this pack after my first year of teaching when I learned (the hard way) just how vital the first few weeks of school are.
I realized I needed to really get to know my students, but I also learned I wanted to use the time in the first few weeks to allow my students to explore and learn important concepts in all subjects. There are a variety of great activities to do in the first few weeks, and writing activities are great for getting to know your students.
All activities are designed for you to get to know your students, but also to allow them to see how writer's workshop should look. Students will learn that writing is fun, and that they are responsible for their learning.
The following activities are found in this pack
1. What makes a good writer?
2. Silly stories
3. Writing goals
4. Writing class attitude survey
5. Writer’s workshop guidelines
6. The writing process cycle
7. New school year “all about me”
8. Decorate writer’s notebooks
9. Who is it?
10. Write about things you will never write about
11. Writing non-negotiables
12. I am…
13. Random acts of kindness writing activity
14. Writer’s block
15. Picture writing
16. Write a letter to yourself
17. All about me 2
18. Silly stories 2
19. Expert writing
20. Read aloud persuasion
21. The three types of writing
22. The different types of writing
23. Back to school writing prompts
24. Back to school writing prompts 2
25. Pen pal letters
26. Teacher KWL chart
27. Letter writing to authors
28. Acrostic Poems
29. Quick write
30. Building writing stamina
I hope you love these activities as much as I do!
Thank you so much!