This resource has 15 school themed math centers and activities. These activities are appropriate for Back to School or any time during the school year. This convenient and easy to use packet provides fun and exciting opportunities for your learners to develop strong math skills in critical areas identified by Common Core Standards.
This packet is appropriate for kindergarten or first grade. Many of the activities can be used as a quick and easy way to accomplish pre-assessment of math skills. The activities are fun and engaging so learners will not feel pressured about assessment.
There are 13 activities with color graphics and 2 with black and white graphics. The black and white activities are a great resource to send home for extra practice. The activities in this packet address numerical order, counting, numerals and number words, ten frames, tally marks, sorting and ordering by size, addition, and subtraction.
This packet has the following components:
• 1 Numerical Order Activity (0-20)
• 1 Ten Frames Matching Activity (0-20)
• 2 Count and Clip Card Activities (Sets of 1-12)
• 1 Numeral and Number Word Matching Activity with Color Graphics (0-10)
• 1 Numeral and Number Word Matching Activity with Black and White Graphics (0-10)
• 1 Numeral and Tally Marks Matching Activity with Color Graphics (0-20)
• 1 Numeral and Tally Marks Matching Activity with Black and White Graphics (0-20)
• 1 Picture Sorting and Ordering by Size Activity
• 1 Add the Room Activity (Sums of 0-10)
• 1 Subtract the Room Activity (Minuends to 10)
• 1 Addition Clip Card Activity (Sums of 0-10)
• 1 Subtraction Clip Card Activity (Minuends to 10)
• 2 Tic-Tac-Toe Activities with Color and Black and White Tally Marks Score Sheet
These activities can be used in math centers and as individual activities, partner activities, or group activities.
These activities support the Standards for Mathematical Practices and Math Common Core Standards for Counting and Cardinality, Operations and Algebraic Thinking, Number and Operations in Base Ten, and Measurement and Data. The activities help learners develop numeracy and addition and subtraction fluency.
IMPORTANT: You already own this resource if you have purchased Back to School Bonanza Math Mega Bundle for Kindergarten. Please do NOT purchase this resource if you already own that bundle. Please click the link below to see the bundle.
Back to School Bonanza Mega Math Centers Bundle for Kindergarten
Graphics for for these activities are from Scrappin Doodles.
Thank you for looking at this resource. I hope you and your learners enjoy these activities.
Have fun at school with your friends!
Please click on the links below to view other resources you may enjoy.
Back to School Items Count and Clip Cards (Sets to 12)
School Days Addition Practice Packet
Back to School Ten Frames No-Prep Printables