The FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL just got a lot better with these fun (but educational) activities!
There's a little bit of everything depending on the levels in your classroom!
Here are the book titles and the activities:
1. Graphing names based on the number of letters
2. A brief investigation into "my name"
3. Story sequences
David Goes to School
1. Students create a new rule for the class and illustrate it on a
How Do Dinosaurs Get to School?
1. Students create a new dinosaur (name, famous for, eats, lives in)
The example I love is that I love coffee so I am a Coffee-saurus.
First Day Jitters
1. Discuss what a "jitter" is. Then, students think of 3 excuses to not
go to school, draw a picture of their principal and a picture of their
If You Take A Mouse to School
1. Students fill in the page, "If you take ME to school..."
Louise the Big Cheese and the Back-to-School Smarty Pants
1. This book is filled with describing words. Students record all the
adjectives they can find in the story.
My School's A Zoo
1. If the classroom is a zoo, what animal are you? Describe.
It's Back to School We Go
1. Students choose a country from the book and then compare and
contrast (Venn diagram) their school to the one in the book.
Easy to do activities that a fun way to get to know your students.