*A DIGITAL OPTION HAS BEEN INCLUDED FOR GOOGLE SLIDES/GOOGLE CLASSROOM* Be sure to re-download! There are directions and links inside the pdf.
This printable booklet is a wonderful way to get to know your student as well as build culture and classroom community throughout the first week of school. There are 6 total pages for the booklet. Each of the following activities are on a half sheet of paper. The booklet-style format may help you save paper and also provide a final small project for display at Open House. The activities included in the booklet are:
- Me, the ___ Grader!- There are 4 of these pages for each grade level 2-5. Students can draw a photo of themselves, or a favorite book in the box, or any other creative illustration.
- The Basics of Me - An "all about me" page, with another spot for a selfie!
- My Family - Students draw and write about their family.
- Interest Inventory- This is a useful tool to find out more about what your students care about!
- The Way I Work- This is a tool for students to reflect on the way they learn best, which will also help you identify students’ learning styles.
- Classroom Scavenger Hunt- Students identify the basics of the classroom and where to find things like tissues and the pencil sharpener.
- Class Birthdays- Students list who has birthdays each month. You can use this information to create a class chart or bar graph.
- The Reader in Me - A Reading Inventory/Survey
- The Mathematician in Me - A Math Inventory/Survey
- A Good Classmate (Is, Says, Does, Thinks)- This 4 Square chart can help you and your students generate a class chart and open the doors for discussions of what it takes to be a good classmate.
- A Good Teacher (Is, Says, Does, Thinks)- This 4 Square chart can help you and your students generate a class chart and open the doors for discussions of what it takes to be a good teacher.
- My Class - (Back Cover) A reflection 3-2-1 Style - Students draw a picture and/or write the name of 3 New Classmates, 2 Questions I Still Have, and 1 Thing I am Really Excited About
The first week of school is a busy one! Hopefully, this booklet will keep your students engaged, provide opportunities for you to get to know your students, and help build the classroom community that is oh so important at the beginning of the year! An added bonus is that all of the getting to know you activities are in one place, rather than the piles of paper. ;)
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org